The Kenneth Lindsay Scholarship Trust awards grants to enable students from
Israel to advance their education in any subject at universities and institutions of higher learning in the UK. The awards attempt to encourage close collaboration between individuals of both countries. To be eligible
for this scholarship, scholars must attend their University full time in the UK. Scholarships cannot be awarded to anyone not providing proof of their UK address and a UK bank account in their name.
Applications are to be submitted by 30th April annually.
Please download and complete the application form. We also require:
- An up to date CV to include your education in chronological order
without any gaps. Periods of part-time education, army, paid or voluntary
work should also be included, as should details of involvement in community
- A copy of the letter of acceptance from your chosen university.
- 2 Letters of recommendation from either – your professor, tutor, former employer or Commanding Officer, which must be written on headed paper.
- An autobiographical statement including your interests, your
reasons for taking the proposed course, reasons for being considered for a Kenneth Lindsay Scholarship and if awarded what impact it would make.
- A covering letter which should have your name and current address and contact details, and should include any additional relevant information, not included in the above forms, such as any relevant disability and whether accompanied by a spouse and children.
- It is mandatory to complete the financial statement in the form describing your additional sources of finance since the scholarships awarded are only between £500 and £2000.
- The scholarships awarded by the AIA are for one academic year only. Kenneth Lindsay Scholars undertaking a degree which involves more than one year of study may re-apply for funding for each academic year of their degree. In this case only, the Kenneth Lindsay Scholar should each year submit: –
- Another complete application form.
- A report from their supervising professor as to how their studies
- Confirmation from the university that they are still registered
- A covering letter detailing how they feel their studies are
progressing and what other activities they have engaged in during the past
- Please make 3 sets of this information and post to arrive before 30th April annually.
All application documents should be sent in triplicate i.e. 3 sets, by normal airmail only, not special delivery, to arrive by 30th April annually. As the offices are not manned 7 days a week any Special Delivery documents unable to be delivered to us will automatically be returned to the sender by the post office.This information should be sent to:
Anglo Israel Association
Kenneth Lindsay Scholarship Trust
21 Towers Road
If any of the above information is unclear please query by email
to –firstname.lastname@example.org before posting your documents.
Click here to download Kenneth Lindsay Scholarship Application Form>>